Monday, July 7, 2014

A Much Needed Hike

Getting outdoors is my best medicine. When expectations turn to disappointments and happenings impact you directly and are out of your hands and out or your control, it is healthy to pull away. Getting outdoors is great medicine or treatment for stress and anxiety and just plain good medicine!  Nature is where I can lose time in wonderment. Nature provides a solace in a time of distress and getting outdoors and hiking, riding a bike or just taking a stroll prevents stress from being a possibility when problems arise for me. A good dose of the outdoors and whatever nature has to offer is better than any medicine that I know of. And that is speaking very personally because I luckily have good health thus far and very little need for medicine. I hope that others will get outdoors and enjoy nature and enjoy the photos that I am posting from my outing today.
This was an especially wonderful experience as I was out looking for butterflies to photograph in an area that I found butterflies, last year in Beckley, WV.  This butterfly found me and stayed with me for some time.  It was a sweet treat!

This butterfly stayed with me for a good while...I asked my husband if I was that sweet. He quipped...it must have been your lotion. LOL Thanks," honey"! :0/
 
Blueberries in West Virginia are not ripe yet.  They were ready to pick in Sewanee, TN the last week of June.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment